We have now posted the Pathologist Jobs Report for 2013, with analysis also for each quarter of 2013. Some conclusions from the 2013 summary, which analyzed 268 ads:
- The ads were posted from 38 of 50 states, Washington, D.C. and 7 Canadian provinces.
- 50% of the ads were academic, 50% non-academic
- Almost all ads required AP board certification or eligibility
- 86% of ads required fellowship training or strong subspecialty
experience. The most common subspecialties listed were
Cytopathology, Surgical Pathology fellowship of some type (unspecified)
- 43% of ads also listed one or more subspecialties in which
fellowships / experience / interest would be "an asset" or otherwise
helpful. The most common was research for academic positions, followed
by molecular, breast, cytopathology, hematopathology, and a surgical
pathology fellowship of some kind.