Wednesday, March 18, 2015

18 March 2015: Why I use Amazon.com

As you may know, PathologyOutlines.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.  This means we earn a "commission" of 5% or more on items purchased from Amazon, if the visitor accesses Amazon by going through a link from PathologyOutlines.com (the commission is paid from Amazon's profits - not by the purchaser).

As the owner of PathologyOutlines.com, my purchases are not eligible for the commissions, but I use Amazon regularly anyway, for many reasons.  I prefer shopping on line, rather than going to stores.  I can purchase 24/7, at any time, regardless of how I am dressed, and don't have to drive to stores or see if they are open.  I like reading the comments, which often are very helpful.  I also like being able to determine where products are made, and comparing them to similar products.  This information is often listed on the Amazon page, and if not, I can Google the company to try to find out. 

For shipping, I decided to be a member of Amazon Prime, so almost all items are shipped for free, and typically are received within 2 business days.  The cost is $99 for one year, which also gets me free music / video downloads (which I haven't used yet).

My experience with Amazon's customer service is very good.  Once I ordered light bulbs (not a good idea), and as most people would predict, they came broken (the packaging was not very good for light bulbs).  I returned them and immediately got a refund.

Let me know what your experiences have been with Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment