Here is what we are planning for 2014:
1. New website structure based on a WordPress Content Management System, which will create a different format for desktops and smartphones. This will be a lot of work for us, but for visitors, it will be mostly invisible. However, you will see these changes:
- Easier to use format for smartphones, most likely with drop down menus that are easier to use than the existing large numbers of links
- Better search for the 6700+ topics on the website
- More uniform templates for each Chapter and Topic; this will make the website a little easier to navigate, and will allow us to uniformly implement changes faster
- Somewhat "cleaner" look to the website.
2. More images. We plan to double the number of images, using great images from Dr. Mark Wick, AFIP Third Series and WebPathology, as well as free full text journals and contributed images.
3. More updated content, with a stronger editorial board. We would like to have an Editorial Board that exercises greater oversight over the textbook content. Unfortunately, I am not 100% sure how to get there, but we will work it out. If you have expertise that you would like to share, please contact Dr. Pernick at 248/646-0325 or NatPernick@hotmail.com.
4. One stop shopping for Pathology related products and services, with an expanded Pathology Buyer's Guide / Marketplace. For example - need to find a Laboratory to perform uncommon tests or second opinions? We will have a list of these Laboratories, with a short survey of relevant information. We will post information for all businesses for no charge, so the list should be comprehensive.